If you have a PayPal account, you’ve probably wondered why it has been closed for no apparent reason. The most common reason for this is due to unusual activity, but there are several ways to keep it active.
When a user you open a PayPal account, you need to uphold the company’s terms of service. However if you violate those terms, PayPal reserves the right to close your account. However, if you think your PayPal account closed for no reason, you need to contact PayPal Support for more information on what to do next. If you’re unsure, check the terms and conditions for your account and follow the steps listed in this guide. In the next section, I will mention all the reasons behind the PayPal account closing.
Why PayPal Closed My Account With Money in It?
If you use PayPal, you may be wondering, “Why did PayPal close my account with money in it?”. Here are some of the reasons due to which PayPal closed your account:
- PayPal has an acceptable use policy. This policy explains why they can ban you for 180 days without informing you. Unless you violate the law, you cannot be banned from using PayPal for this reason.
- It is very important to check if you have any outstanding balances on your PayPal account.
- Another common reason for a PayPal account closed is that you’ve sold something outside the PayPal platform. If you’re selling digital services, you might have copied the debit card of another site. It is best to turn off your PayPal account if you don’t intend to sell your products or services outside of its platform. This way, you’ll be able to access your newly deposited funds.
- If you’ve been prohibited from using PayPal to sell your products, you should contact PayPal. You must be careful with your account. The company may be in the process of closing your account. Besides, it may have blocked your email address, which will lead to additional trouble.
What Happens To My Money If PayPal Closes Your Account?
So when your PayPal account is closed then you won’t be able to access to it. You can either request to reopen closed PayPal account or open a new one. The new account must be registered using different login information. You can’t use any financial accounts linked to your old PayPal account. The new account must be linked to a bank account or credit card other than the one you have previously closed. In most cases, you’ll be able to receive your money within 21 days of reopening a your PayPal account.
If you want to keep your account, you have a couple of options:
- You can try to link your existing PayPal account.
- You can also link your old PayPal account to your new one.
- If you have any problems with your old PayPal account, you can contact customer service to resolve the issue.
While using PayPal, you need to be cautious and never indulge in any suspicious activities because it could lead to the PayPal closed account. I have mentioned all the reasons the PayPal account is closed, and I hope you will find the answer to all your queries in this blog.