If you have a PayPal account, you’ve probably wondered why it has been closed for no apparent reason. The most common reason for this is inactivity, but there are several ways to keep it active. You can click the “keep my account” button at any time and follow the on-screen instructions to make changes to your account. You can also change your password and sign up for a new one using the same email address.
To find out whether or not your PayPal account is closed, you can log in to it and do a verification. However, if it’s not closed for a reason, you’ll have to create a new one using different login information. The only financial accounts you’ve linked to your old account must still be active. If you’re unsure, check the terms and conditions for your account and follow the steps listed in this guide. In the next section, I will mention all the reasons behind the PayPal account closing.
Why PayPal Closed My Account With Money in It?
If you use PayPal, you may be wondering, “Why did PayPal close my account with money in it?” Before you can receive the money in your PayPal account, you should know a few things:
- Violation of terms of services: PayPal has an acceptable use policy. This policy explains why they can ban you for 180 days without informing you. Unless you violate the law, you cannot be banned from using PayPal for this reason.
- The outstanding balance on your account: It is very important to check if you have any outstanding balances on your PayPal account. If you have any, contact their customer support to make sure they resolve them before your account is closed.
- Another common reason for a PayPal account closed is that you’ve sold something outside the PayPal platform. If you’re selling digital services, you might have copied the debit card of another site. It is best to turn off your PayPal account if you don’t intend to sell your products or services outside of its platform. This way, you’ll be able to access your newly deposited funds. It would help if you always kept these tips before signing up for a PayPal account.
- If you’ve been selling something outside of PayPal, you should know that you might have received money on your debit card without a PayPal account. This is because you may have copied the debit card from another site. You should have turned off your PayPal account when you’re not using your credit card. You may have been unable to check the balance because the PayPal site didn’t send your payments.
- If you’ve been prohibited from using PayPal to sell your products, you should contact PayPal. You must be careful with your account. The company may be in the process of closing your account. Besides, it may have blocked your email address, which will lead to additional trouble. If you are not familiar with the rules, it’s best to contact the PayPal customer service team and ask them about it.
What Happens To My Money If PayPal Closes Your Account?
You can do nothing to open a new account after PayPal closed your account. You can still open a new PayPal account, provided that PayPal does not indicate that they will no longer be providing services. However, it will not contain your transaction history. The new account must be registered using different login information. You can’t use any financial accounts linked to your old PayPal account. The new account must be linked to a bank account or credit card other than the one you have previously closed. In most cases, you’ll be able to receive your money within 21 days of reopening a closed PayPal account.
In rare instances, a PayPal account can’t be reopened after two years, but you can link it to PayPal before it expires.
If you want to keep your account, you have a couple of options:
- You can try to link your existing PayPal account.
- You can also link your old PayPal account to your new one.
- If you have any problems with your old PayPal account, you can contact customer service to resolve the issue.
While using PayPal, you need to be cautious and never indulge in any suspicious activities because it could lead to the PayPal closed account. I have mentioned all the reasons the PayPal account is closed, and I hope you will find the answer to all your queries in this blog.