How to Reset PayPal Password?
PayPal is an online payment system that allows people to send money and receive it. With a PayPal account you can transfer money abroad to your family and friends. However, if you are facing issues in accessing your PayPal account? Perhaps you’ve forgotten your PayPal password, don’t panic. This easy guide will show you how to reset your PayPal account’s password.
Once you found you have forgotten your PayPal password, there are a few simple steps you must take and change the PayPal password. First, you must be logged into your PayPal account and have an email address. If you don’t have a valid email address associated with your PayPal account, you can use your secondary email address to send an email. Essentially there are different methods for recovering your PayPal account which are as follows:
1. Reset PayPal password with the email
2. Reset PayPal password without phone number
3. Reset PayPal password without phone number and security questions
How to reset your PayPal password when you’ve forgotten It?
Forgetting your PayPal password is common, especially if you haven’t used a password manager. However, there is a way to reset your PayPal account password. The following steps will help you create a new password:
- You must first go to the PayPal website and log in to your PayPal account.
- Next, click the “Forgot your password?” link and enter the email address associated with your PayPal account.
- After entering your email address, click the “Get started” button to continue the process.
- This will send you an email containing a six-digit code. Enter it and confirm the new password.
- You’ll be asked to choose a strong password of eight to 20 characters. The password should be unique and contain upper and lower-case letters, numbers, symbols, and a single special character.
- You can also use a password manager to keep all your passwords in a safe place. Just follow these steps, and you’ll be back in business.
How to reset PayPal password with email?
You can also use your email address to reset your PayPal password. To reset the PayPal password with email, make sure the email address you’ve used is current and correct. You can also enter as many as three email addresses to avoid being blocked in the future. For example, if you’ve used a Yahoo account before, enter three different emails to avoid being locked out. PayPal will send you a temporary password once you have entered a valid email address. Enter your new password and confirm it.
- Log into your account first.
- Next, click the settings cogwheel on the upper-right corner of the page.
- This will open your profile, which will show your email addresses and phone numbers.
- At the top of the page, choose Security from the menu.
- You’ll need to choose a new password and then click on the email.
- Once you’ve changed your password, you’re good to go!
How to reset PayPal Account without Security Questions?
If you have forgotten your PayPal password, you can also reset it from the security section on your PayPal website. However if the security question is not working, you can change the PayPal password with this alternative method:
- After entering your email address, you can now tap on the account recovery option via the mail or phone number.
- A security key will be sent to you via email or call/text.
- Next, create a new password. Once you have confirmed it, enter twice more.
How to reset your PayPal password without a phone number?
The following steps will allow you to reset your PayPal password quickly and without the need for a phone number.
- Navigate to PayPal’s official website. Next, go to the login section and enter the email address associated with your account.
- Click on the “Having trouble logging into?” link to resolve the problem. Next, click the “I don’t know my password” link.
- Next, enter your email address and the correct CAPTCHA code. Finally, navigate to “Verify additional account details”.
- PayPal will ask you to verify your bank account number. You can either enter the Bank Account Number or credit card/debit card number that you would like to link to your account.
- Finally, you will receive your account recovery code via recovery email address. Please enter it in the given particular and follow the onscreen instructions for creating a new password.
What to do if my PayPal account isn’t accessible?
You must clear cache and cookies from the browser you use to log into your PayPal account if you cannot log in. After this, you must change the PayPal password and then access it:
- First, you will need to visit the PayPal website.
- Next, click Login at the top.
- Next, click on “Having trouble logging into?
- Next, enter your email address to PayPal and click Next.
- Next, you will need to choose how you would like to recover your PayPal password. You will see options such as receiving a text or an email with your answers to security questions, having us call you, and getting a message.
- Select an option and click Next.
PayPal will send an email to your primary email address. Once that email is received, you can click the link to change your password. Alternatively, you can contact PayPal customer service to recover your account. There are many ways to do this, including contacting them via the help section, online community, and resolution center. The support team will be able to guide you through the process step-by-step.
To conclude, it is simple to change a PayPal password successfully. Using one of these methods will result in an instant account reset, but be warned that it takes time. Moreover, you must use a password manager to manage your passwords. There are many reasons to use a password manager, and it’s a good idea to keep all your passwords in one place to simplify your life.